Monday, March 03, 2008

Boredom Is The Reason

Authorities investigating death of M.I.A. singer and Avalon bar owner near Chicago

By Brianna Bailey

Updated: Friday, February 29, 2008 11:45 AM PST

Law enforcement authorities in suburban Chicago are investigating the death of a Costa Mesa Bar owner and singer for the punk band M.I.A. who was found with head wounds outside of a hotel near O’Hare Airport Thursday morning.

A woman found Michael Conley, owner of the Avalon Bar in Costa Mesa, lying in the parking lot of a hotel in Leyden Township near Melrose Park about 5:40 p.m. Thursday. Conley, who was unresponsive, was near the curb and appeared to have a head wound, said Penny Mateck, a spokeswoman for the Cook County Sheriff. The woman tried to revive him with CPR and later called 911. Conley was taken to Gottlieb Memorial Hospital in Melrose Park, and was pronounced dead about 6:25 a.m. The death is under investigation, pending autopsy results from the Cook County medical examiner’s office, Mateck said.

Conley had been in staying in Chicago for about 10 days to work on a building renovation project, Mateck said, and authorities are unsure why he was found at the hotel with no car, Mateck said.


Shitty.

* * *

In other news...well, there isn't much other news. I've been bored out of my mind lately. I couldn't tell you why really. Frank joked about how unless I'm involved with something sexual, then I'm usually bored. That isn't true, really. I mean, I had a blast playing baseball last night. I think I'm just sick of drinking/going to bars/parties. I wanna just hang out on the couch and talk with friends about nothing, or everything. I'm sick of loud. I'm sick of spending money to be hungover in the morning. It's all getting on my nerves.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home